CPR and First Aid Certification
All child care professionals are required to successfully complete CPR and First Aid certification in order to meet the requirements to be a licensed, certified or registered provider in the state of Arizona.
What is CPR?
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is a lifesaving technique useful in many emergencies, including heart attack or near drowning, in which someone's breathing or heartbeat has stopped.
What is FIRST AID?
First Aid is the assistance given to any person suffering a sudden illness or injury, with care provided to preserve life, prevent the condition from worsening, and/or promote recovery. To find a CPR and/or First Aid class near you, use the American Heart Association’s locator.
Or, search through the Arizona Early Childhood Career and Professional Development Network.
Here are some more resources where you can go to get CPR and First Aid certified:
- Maricopa County:
- 123 CPR – 1.623-398-5811
- ABC’s of CPR Class Center LLC - 1.623.328.8990
- SontarahLife – 1.602.997.2371
- Heart Savers – 1.480.998.5193 or 1.623.889.3313
- Start CPR 1st – 1.480.239.2707
- United Fire Fighters – 1.480.892.2862.
- Pima County:
- CPR 2 U – 1.520.400.8204
- Desert Fire – 1.520.440.4277
- Eclipse CPR Training – 1.520.623-0539
- Yuma County:
- Southwest CPR & First Aid – 1.928.580.9638
- Yuma Regional Medical Center – 1.928.336.2915